Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2, 2016

It's Thursday! I was back to work and feeling much better today. I actually walked in (slowly). As I walked, I had a great time thinking about things to post here. Just wait until you get to hear about my thrilling past "Uber Frugal Phooeys", such as the time I tried making cloth toilet paper (believe me, my children looooved that). And today's: while I was ill, I forgot to check on my library book dates and deadlines, and was consequently fined. Once fines top $10, no more check-outs are allowable. I can't be without library access, so I paid that bill and walked out with my reserved copy of Grantchester Season 2, along with a couple of travel guides and a music CD. I LOVE my library!

We have some possible freezing rain scheduled, making me nervous with our bare cupboards (why do winter storms always seem to hit when I'm almost out of food?!). UFF Dad did a small grocery shopping, but I implored him to hold off for more until a trip can be made to our discount Winco, a 20 minute drive. Once I started looked at prices item by item, I realized how much the small differences add up, especially for a trip to stock up.

Today's spending: $20.49 for pinch-hit groceries:  Oats, Bananas, Carrots, Milk, Eggs. UFF Dad might have added an unauthorized bottle of sparkling water and some frozen juice mix. No comments from me. I don't want to be the grocery police….

No comments:

Post a Comment