Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January 18, 2017

The grand total from yesterday was $24.16!! $1.60 of that were treats for UFF Son, but the total is a good illustration of why it makes sense to do your regular shopping at cheaper grocery stores. At my fancy upscale nearby supermarket, the cheapest milk is now up to $2.80, and eggs are $3.79. Equal quality eggs and milk (non-organic, let's specify) are $2.50 and $2.50, respectively, at the discount, bag-it-yourself store we go to every few weeks.

I almost miss my lovely backyard chickens.
Actually, I do miss them. Just not cleaning out their coop weekly….

Today was one of those frazzled days at work. I came home and seriously wanted to collapse on the couch and eat chocolate. UFF Dad is at a meeting and UFF Son in his typical spot, his room. I was uninspired to make dinner and frankly repelled by the pile of dishes in the sink. I had a snack (a banana and granola bar with peanut butter-neither the best nor worst of snacky dinners).

I cajoled myself into just doing One. Little. Thing. Organizing the dishes. Suddenly they didn't appear so daunting, and I washed them. My shoulders felt a little lighter, and I was then capable of tackling turning defrosted freezer veggies into dinner. I sautéed some onions, zucchini, and diced potato with olive oil and soy sauce, and made a pot of rice. Voila. Dinner is done, plus lunch leftovers for tomorrow. Now I can sit on the couch (in a much better frame of mind) and enjoy Grantchester, a Nonconsumer Advocate recommendation!

Money spent today: $15.85 for prescription medication

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment