Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 3017

It's almost the end of the month…and time for a financial recap.

Today was a plan-ahead day. Wednesday night will be the first meeting of my new book group.  I'm really excited about this...never been in a book group before! It's going to be held right after work, and I want to have snacks and drinks so that people aren't starving and eager to rush home.

On the savory side, I made hardboiled eggs, hummus from scratch (thanks Mrs. Frugalwood!), and will have some carrot sticks, green beans, olives,  and crackers with pesto. On the sweet side, I baked blueberry muffins and an unfortunately flat chocolate cake (I'm hoping that with a little frosting, it can pass as brownies). We have boxed white wine in the fridge and I'll buy a Bota box of red wine tomorrow.

Today I bought…SOAP! Sappo Hill soap ends are sold for 75 cents at several natural grocers around town. They are imperfectly shaped, usually having a hole poked in them (?), but they are excellent quality, smell really nice (my favorites are lavender, oatmeal, almond, and cucumber scents), and are around $2 per soap or more when bought without holes in them at the store. We are almost out of soap, which should never happen, so I purchased six soap ends on my morning walk break.



Money spent today: $4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment